Tel: 01573 225200
- Lidbetter preaches Co-op reform
Chairman has month to convince board ahead of AGM but must convince senior members to approve a plan that would wrest control from their representatives
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 6:49 pm
- JPMorgan’s China head moved to fresh role
New role for Shao, who ran unit at centre of ‘princeling’ scandal, is latest in flurry of high-level moves since probes into bank’s hiring practices
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 6:36 pm
- Banks retreat from Moscow deals
Moves led by Japanese highlights the reluctance of global banks to agree loans or finance deals with Russian clients
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 5:50 pm
- Jury still out on Barclays’ ‘Saint Antony’
The next few weeks will be critical in determining whether the group’s chief executive is able to see out his five-year turnround plan
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 5:02 pm
- Emerging markets repent of ‘original sin’
Issuing bonds in local currencies has not spared countries from volatility
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 2:33 pm
- The Expert View: William Hill, Aviva and Ashtead
Our daily roundup of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Songbird Estates and Synergy Health.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 5:01 am
- Friday Papers: RBS cleared of forcing clients into insolvency
And America’s two largest former investment banks report increased earnings but Morgan Stanley's profits rise and Goldman's fall.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 4:48 am
- Overnight Markets: S&P 500 and Nasdaq rise on earnings
Shares eked out modest gains as results from General Electric and Morgan Stanley beat estimates.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 4:45 am
- MRB: fortune is still rewarding the brave on equity
Investors need to keep a close eye on China, but avoid overestimating the probability of an adverse outcome
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 12:01 am
- Sarasin renames AgriSar fund and lowers fees
Sarasin has rebranded its AgriSar fund as the Food and Agriculture Opportunities fund.
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 12:46 pm
- Electricians question CBI vote move
Business body CBI Scotland registers with the Electoral Commission as a backer of the campaign against Scottish independence.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 6:11 pm
- VIDEO: Vinyl fights back against downloads
New research suggests that physical formats for music, like CDs, cassettes and vinyl are experiencing a revival, particularly among younger buyers, despite digital downloads.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 4:17 pm
- Giorgio Armani settles tax dispute
The fashion house Giorgio Armani pays 270m euros (£222m; $374m) to the Italian authorities to settle a tax bill.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 3:53 pm
- VIDEO: UK could become 'nation of renters'
Almost half of Britons believe the UK will become a nation of renters within a generation, research suggests.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 12:16 pm
- AUDIO: Third believe they may never own home
A third of adults under 45 say they have no prospect of owning their own home, a report by Halifax has found.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 11:48 am
- The Week's Big Business Stories
Missed out on the big business stories of the week? Naomi Kerbel rounds up what's been making news, including David Beckham.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 11:03 am
- House Price Increases Create 'Generation Rent'
A third of adults under the age of 40 say they have no realistic chance of owning their own home, despite Help to Buy schemes.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 9:31 am
- South West Hoping For Easter Tourism Boost
The reopening of the railway line at Dawlish in Devon after £35m repairs gives tourist businesses reason for optimism.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 7:48 am
- Weibo Woes Amid Disappointing Nasdaq Flotation
'China's Twitter' sees lukewarm investor interest upon its flotation on the Nasdaq, where tech stocks have been sliding.
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 7:50 pm
- Co-op Admits 'Disastrous Year' Amid £2.5bn Loss
The embattled Co-operative Group confirms it lost £2.5bn last year amid major problems at its banking group and food division.
Posted on 17 April 2014 | 7:05 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.