Tel: 01573 225200
- Aetna to buy Humana for $37bn
Buyer’s shareholders will own 74% of combined group in tie-up that will add to M&A pressure on rivals
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 7:34 am
- A metaphor du jour from Boris
Mayor of London armed with a metaphor du jour at hedge fund party
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 12:01 am
- Sabadell warned on IT integration of TSB
Banking experts doubt Spanish lender’s ability to bring UK challenger on board without big expense
Posted on 2 July 2015 | 10:40 pm
- RBS faces $13bn bill, says court filing
Assertion over mis-selling claims as UK prepares for share sale
Posted on 2 July 2015 | 8:30 pm
- On the wrong side of the argument?
After a Tory election victory, the tough approach of the chief executive of UK regulator FCA may be out of fashion
Posted on 2 July 2015 | 7:29 pm
- Taxicab Tenner: SW Mitchell Capital's Stuart Mitchell
In the fifth episode of our new series, SW Mitchell Capital's founder explains why he expects Europe's growth to outpace the US.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 1:10 pm
- Citywire 10k 2015: photo highlights from our annual fundraiser
One of the hottest days of the year really sorted out the Mo Farah's from the Moe Szyslak's! Here are the best bits from our annual fundraiser in Regent's Park.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 1:00 pm
- FTSE falls as Brazil accuses banks of currency rigging
Standard Chartered and Royal Bank of Scotland fall after Brazil investigates possible foreign exchange manipulation by global banks.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 11:39 am
- Boutique Intermede set to open first fund
The Intermede Global Equity fund will be managed by the firm's CEO and CIO Barry Dargan.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 9:48 am
- JTC buys Kleinwort Benson fund admin arm
The deal is expected to complete in the third quarter
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 9:37 am
- Bank guarantee reduced to £75,000
Millions of bank and building society customers will get £10,000 less compensation if their bank goes bust, the Bank of England has announced
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 1:12 pm
- Rivals to rally as Greek vote looms
Greek "Yes" and "No" camps are set to hold major rallies in Athens ahead of Sunday's crucial referendum on bailout terms.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 1:11 pm
- FTSE falls on continued Greek woes
London's benchmark share index dips in Friday morning trading as worries over the Greek debt crisis persisted.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 12:25 pm
- EE fined £1m for complaints handling
EE, the UK's largest mobile phone operator, is fined £1m by the regulator Ofcom for breaching rules on handling customer complaints.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 12:21 pm
- Uber suspends UberPOP in France
Uber has suspended its UberPOP taxi hailing app in France, according to newspaper Le Monde.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 11:35 am
- Reddit In Chaos: Blackout After Worker Fired
The co-founder of link-sharing website Reddit pleads with angry moderators to put their sections back online.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 12:34 pm
- Hut Group To Nudge £1bn With New Fundraising
The company chaired by the Co-op Group's boss is in talks to raise funds that will value it at around £900m, Sky News learns.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 12:30 pm
- Facebook Shows How Lasers Will Give Web To Poor
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg shares images of the laser devices which will be fitted to satellites to connect remote areas.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 11:38 am
- Greece Needs €50bn In Three Years, Says IMF
The fund outlines the extent of the country's financial crisis as it is predicted that cash machines will shortly run out.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 11:15 am
- Greek Crisis Leaves Honeymooners Without Cash
A pair of Greek newlyweds are reduced to living on handouts in New York after their Prime Minister closes his country's banks.
Posted on 3 July 2015 | 10:42 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.