Tel: 01573 225200
- New CVC fund targets technology companies
European buyout group approaches investors to raise $750m in a move that highlights the scramble to grab a share of the digital revolution
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 1:48 pm
- Cyprus seeks buyer for failed bank
The country’s central bank is looking for a buyer for the local operation of a Lebanese bank accused by the US of money laundering
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 12:51 pm
- Metro Bank continues to draw in customers
Total deposits grow to almost £2bn, up from £1.6bn at the beginning of the quarter and up 125% year-on-year, though the company remains lossmaking
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 10:30 am
- RBS accused of being ‘wilfully obtuse’
Bank admits its global restructuring group is a ‘profit centre’ weeks after denying this was the case
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 4:38 am
- Arbuthnot eyes invoice discounting launch
Secure Trust Bank plans financing business, underlining rise of challenger banks that are stepping in where the larger banks retreat
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 12:22 am
- FTSE steady amid caution over Russia sanctions
(Update) Profits warning hits GlaxoSmithKline. FTSE 100 edges higher despite fear of more punitive EU sanctions against Russia.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 2:50 pm
- Is it time to harvest income from agricultural land?
UK farmland prices are expected to continue hitting record highs over the next year, albeit at a slower rate than seen over the last 18 months.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 2:34 pm
- Trust Insider: a global income newcomer HINTs at its potential
The global equity income sector only used to have a couple of members but in recent years it has been expanding as new funds have been launched and others have broadened their remits
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 2:27 pm
- Dan Roberts: my top 5 bulletproof divi stocks
Fidelity Global Dividend fund manager Dan Roberts highlights five stocks he is backing to prosper in a volatile market.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 1:55 pm
- Jeremy Grantham: M&A ‘explosion’ will raise bubble fears
A long-term uptick in financial deals will push markets to the brink, but the veteran investor is not concerned about a crash.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 1:49 pm
- Glaxo profits fall hits shares
GlaxoSmithKline shares fall 6% as the drugs company's profits are hit by a slide in sales and a bribery investigation in China.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 2:19 pm
- Boeing profits from sales boost
US aerospace giant Boeing earnings rise 52%, boosted by a "strong" quarter for commercial aircraft sales.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 2:03 pm
- Cyber-theft hits eBay's Stubhub
The ticket reselling service Stubhub, owned by eBay, announces that more than 1,000 of its customer accounts have been broken into.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 1:15 pm
- Young adults face housing squeeze
A growing proportion of young people have been squeezed out of the housing market in England and are renting privately instead, a report suggests.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 12:38 pm
- UK licensing arms exports to Russia
Licences to export arms worth millions of pounds to Russia remain in place despite fears Moscow is arming rebels in Ukraine, MPs have said.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 11:41 am
- GSK Sees Fresh Air Ahead As Lung Drug Falters
As sales of its most popular product tail off, GSK attempts to head off investor concerns on falling revenues.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 2:12 pm
- Ryanair Fury Over €9.6m State Aid Penalty
The European Commission orders the airline to hand back cash from foreign airport contracts on grounds they are unfair.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 12:49 pm
- Royal Mail Averts Threat Of Whitehall Pay Row
The Government is to support a binding pay vote at Royal Mail's AGM on Thursday after eleventh-hour talks, Sky News learns.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 12:36 pm
- Apple Profits Up 12% As Microsoft Innovates
The latest results from Apple and Microsoft underline the challenges they face to grow profits while improving their products.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 11:54 am
- PayPal Offers 'Faster, Fairer' Cash To UK Firms
PayPal's small business users will be able to apply for a cash advance that is paid back through their daily sales.
Posted on 23 July 2014 | 10:57 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.