Tel: 01573 225200
- Mortgage growth boosts Virgin Money profit
Challenger bank warns new tax will dampen future returns
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:25 am
- PM to tackle ‘dirty money’ in UK property
Land Registry to publish information on real estate owned by foreign companies
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:18 am
- Zurich Insurance considers bid for RSA
Swiss group confirms it is evaluating possible offer for FTSE 100 insurer
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 7:54 am
- Chinese brokerages report surging profits
Brokers hope buoyant earnings will allay investor concerns over financial strength
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 3:49 am
- KKR joins €500m bet on Irish housing revival
US private equity group teams up with government fund to lend to housebuilders
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 12:00 am
- Brewin Dolphin names new London heads
Charlie Ferry and Paul Jones will assume the mantle as previous head Rupert Tyler becomes head of culture and diversity.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:38 am
- M&G lends Rathbones £20m to fund ‘medium-sized’ acquisition
The news was revealed in an interim update from the wealth firm, which showed a 27% rise in underyling profit.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:34 am
- Lloyds faces £1bn extra PPI bill
Lloyds Banking Group tipped to take its PPI mis-selling bill to £13 billion with extra provision.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 7:44 am
- Hargreaves halts pension transfer advice
Discount broker Hargreaves Lansdown has suspended its pension transfer advice after a record number of enquiries led it to operate 'at capacity'.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 7:27 am
- The Expert View: Barclays, Merlin and Babcock
Our daily roundup of analyst commentary on shares, also including Breedon Aggregates and Hiscox.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 5:00 am
- Amazon launches music streaming in UK
Retailer Amazon enters the UK streaming market with Prime Music, a new service available to Amazon Prime customers as part of their annual subscription.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 9:01 am
- ITV profits up 25% despite ratings fall
Half-year profits at ITV rose by 25% as revenue increased across all divisions, but the broadcaster's share of viewing across its channels fell 4%.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:45 am
- UK no place for 'dirty money' - PM
Foreigners must be stopped from buying UK homes with "plundered" cash and a "global effort" is needed to beat corruption, David Cameron will say later.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:42 am
- China shares continue to slide
Shares in mainland China continued their slide on Tuesday, a day after the Shanghai Composite index saw its biggest one-day drop in eight years.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 7:57 am
- BP profits fall on low oil price
BP reports a sharp fall in underlying profits for the three months to the end of June as lower oil prices continue to hurt.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 7:54 am
- China Sell-Off Continues Despite Action
Chinese stock markets have endured another volatile session as the authorities continue their efforts to arrest declining values.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 9:08 am
- Sky Poll: Many People Feel Poorer With More Debt
GDP growth is set to return to form later but many people say they are not feeling the benefit and their lives have got worse.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:33 am
- Royal Mail 'Breached Competition Law'
The company is accused of unlawful price discrimination by Ofcom as it provisionally backs a complaint brought by Whistl.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 8:30 am
- BP Swings To $4.2bn Loss In First Half
A series of costs take their toll on profits at the oil firm as it continues to respond to weaker global prices.
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 7:18 am
- PM To Clamp Down On 'Dirty Money' In UK Property
David Cameron is set to announce new measures to stop luxury homes in the UK from being bought with "plundered or laundered cash".
Posted on 28 July 2015 | 7:14 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.