Tel: 01573 225200
- Apollo in talks to buy BES insurance arm
Possible €200m deal for Tranquilidade could involve a €140m cash injection into the insurance unit of Banco Espirito Santo
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 11:43 pm
- Goldman and Morgan Stanley in DoJ talks
Banks look to settle allegations they mis-sold securities after Goldman agreed to pay $1.2bn to housing agency to resolve related action
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 11:28 pm
- Week in review, August 23
Featuring Berkshire, Apple, BHP Billiton, UK builders and car parts suppliers and more
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 9:05 pm
- Bankers brace for a brave new world
BofA settlement closes a chapter in history of the crisis, and signs are mounting that the era of unconventional monetary policy is over
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 6:54 pm
- Digital disruption hits bricks and mortar
Online agents are challenging high street rivals with lower fees, aided by the growing popularity of property portals Rightmove and Zoopla
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 6:49 pm
- Saturday Papers: ECB chief softens tone on fiscal rules
And Kiev has accused Moscow of invading its territory, after Russia defied its neighbour and the international community by sending a humanitarian convoy into eastern Ukraine.
Posted on 23 August 2014 | 4:52 am
- Artemis appoints third co-manager on £6.7bn Income fund
Artemis has appointed analyst Nick Shenton as a co-manager on its £6.8 billion Income fund.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 6:01 pm
- Skandia moves £640m mandate from Invesco to Woodford
Skandia is to close its versions of the Invesco Perpetual Income and High Income funds and move investors into a new mandate managed by Neil Woodford.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 1:52 pm
- Citigroup CEO outearns bank's entire Japanese division
Citigroup’s CEO earned more money last year than all the profits generated by the company’s Japanese operation.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 12:28 pm
- Santander hires Schroders bond manager
Divya Manek, formerly a bond manager at Schroders, has joined Santander Asset Management.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 11:52 am
- Buying '£1,300 cheaper than renting'
First-time buyers save £1,300 a year by taking out a mortgage rather than renting, according to Britain's largest lender, the Halifax.
Posted on 23 August 2014 | 12:41 pm
- VIDEO: How to have a day out on the cheap
Finance reporter Kevin Peachey looks at the popularity of attractions that are both free and those that charge an entrance fee and considers how you can keep costs down on a day out.
Posted on 23 August 2014 | 8:49 am
- BT warns of rise in phone bills
BT warns millions of customers it is increasing prices by up to 6.5% from December this year.
Posted on 23 August 2014 | 12:27 am
- Day trips: Keeping the costs down
How to reduce those extra costs of a day trip
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 9:53 pm
- VIDEO: Will South Africa go into recession?
Lerato Mbele reports on whether South Africa will fall back into recession, ahead of the release of the country's latest GDP figures.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 4:20 pm
- Ecclestone Return Heralds New F1 Board Revamp
A former Goldman Sachs banker is joining F1's board as Bernie Ecclestone retakes his seat, Sky News understands.
Posted on 23 August 2014 | 12:29 pm
- Draghi: ECB Ready To Spur On Euro Economy
The European Central Bank's Mario Draghi says new measure may be used to stimulate the eurozone, as he urges EU wage reform.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 9:10 pm
- Scottish Independence 'Risks Capital Flight'
The HSBC boss issues a warning ahead of the September 18 poll, and says he understands UK parties ruling out a currency union.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 5:42 pm
- Current Account Exodus At Troubled Co-op Bank
The lender confirms a £76m loss in the first half of the year and says it appreciates the loyalty of customers during hard times.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 3:04 pm
- Fed Official Wants ECB Action To Lift Economy
Pressure intensifies on the European Central Bank to help world recovery as GDP growth in the euro area continues to stagnate.
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 2:20 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.