Tel: 01573 225200
- UK banks back in favour as scandals abate
Investors say lenders’ stocks are potential star performers as the economy improves
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:25 pm
- AIB picks Byrne to take on chief role
Lender chooses insider to guide group’s return to stock market
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 10:12 am
- Boleat in City of London Brexit spat
EU referendum dispute; peers’ poised to move; bankers’ oath; and planet Holloway
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:02 am
- RBS invites banks to pitch for sell-off
Senior figures at lender say UK government could launch share sale in fourth quarter
Posted on 28 May 2015 | 11:29 pm
- Middle management is banks’ ‘blind spot’
FCA chief warns some risk takers are not subject to same rules as bosses of financial groups
Posted on 28 May 2015 | 8:26 pm
- Catley Lakeman investment arm prepares US fund launch
Atlantic House Fund Management is looking to raise $20-30 million (£13-19.4 million) at launch.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 11:20 am
- Boiler room gang jailed over £3m investment scam
The fraudsters made more than £3 million from gold mining and pharmaceutical shares has been jailed after spending the money on luxury cars.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 11:15 am
- Rise of $1bn club: a microscope on the giant hedge fund industry
Alternative asset research firm Preqin gets under the bonnet of the $3 trillion hedge fund industry to uncover some interesting trends.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 10:29 am
- Snowden: Spike in transactions does not equate to liquidity rush
Viewing the surge in fixed income trading volumes as an indication of improving liquidity is ‘dangerous’, warns Kames Capital’s AA-rated Stephen Snowden.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 10:10 am
- Behavioural Finance: is the Chinese bubble about to blow?
China is a puzzle. It might look like a bubble, but what to do? Timing and impact are hard to assess.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 9:57 am
- Pure Gym to buy rival LA Fitness
Pure Gym, the UK's largest gym operator, buys rival workout chain LA Fitness.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:54 pm
- VIDEO: India's online jewellery business
Online retailers are increasingly tempting customers away from high street jewellery stores.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:42 pm
- FTSE shrugs off Greece concerns
At midday the London market shrugs off concerns over Greece's ability to maintain its debt repayments and bucked the European trend.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:36 pm
- UK assessing Fifa allegations
Serious Fraud Office says it is actively assessing "material in its possession" relating to Fifa corruption allegations.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:35 pm
- Greek bank deposits at decade low
Greek bank deposits fall to their lowest level in more than 10 years as concerns persist over the country's debt burden and possible euro exit.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:02 pm
- Merkel On EU Reform: 'Where There's A Will'
The German Chancellor indicates support for David Cameron's attempts to reform the EU saying "where there's a will there's a way".
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:59 pm
- Corfu Deaths: Ex-Thomas Cook Boss 'Abhorrent'
Sharon Wood hits out at Harriet Green for trying to "gain public empathy" by giving a third of an estimated £10m bonus to charity.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 12:47 pm
- Pure Gym Fuels Expansion With LA Fitness Buyout
The low-cost chain snaps up LA Fitness's 43 sites in a deal it says will "extend the availability of affordable fitness centres".
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 11:57 am
- Ex-Lehman Boss Has 'No Regrets' Over Collapse
Dick Fuld, who was head of Lehman Brothers when it went bankrupt in 2008, says a "perfect storm" caused the financial crisis.
Posted on 29 May 2015 | 10:51 am
- RBS Shakes Up City Ties As Sell-Off Looms
JP Morgan is hoping to switch from advising UKFI on privatising bank shares to working directly with RBS, Sky News learns.
Posted on 28 May 2015 | 8:13 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.