Tel: 01573 225200
- Investors challenge Portugal’s BES rescue
Lawsuit will test regulator’s right to bail in debt holders to rescue failing banks
Posted on 1 November 2014 | 12:07 am
- Small-cap Week, November 1
Imagination Technologies, Utilitywise, Entu and Gulf Marine Services featured
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 11:23 pm
- Jefferies chiefs take drug tests
Bank fights claims of cocaine use in divorce case
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 9:52 pm
- Give debt the credit it deserves
Funds should be available to those who need them most, writes Nigel Dodd
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 8:19 pm
- Spencer sells City Index to GAIN Capital
Online spread betting company sold to US rival for £118m
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 8:18 pm
- Saturday Papers: BoJ stuns markets with fresh QE
And the Royal Bank of Scotland has earmarked 154 branches for closure this year – at least 5% of its branch network.
Posted on 1 November 2014 | 6:40 am
- Markets surge as Japan delivers shock QE boost
(Update) Japan's shock expansion of quantitative easing sends markets rallying.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 4:23 pm
- S&P 500 and Dow hit new highs, while FTSE aided by bank boost
The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average both hit record highs fuelled by the Bank of Japan’s surprise liquidity injection.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 3:33 pm
- BOJ bombshell: top managers react to surprise stimulus measure
While the Japanese central bank caught markets off guard with an expansion of QE, leading fund managers outline where next for Abenomics.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 3:12 pm
- SVG and iimia founders given green light to transform trust into fund group
Gresham House has been given the green light to convert from an investment trust into an asset manager after shareholders overwhelming voted for the proposals put forward at an extraordinary general meeting (EGM).
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 2:57 pm
- US shares close at record levels
The Dow and S&P 500 close at record levels, helped by a surprise move by the Bank of Japan to boost its stimulus measures.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 9:55 pm
- FTSE up on bank news and Japan move
The FTSE 100 rises more than 1% as investors breathed a sigh of relief over Bank of England plans for capital reserves and welcomed news of a stimulus boost from the Bank of Japan.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 5:50 pm
- VIDEO: 'I don't know what my destiny is'
A day in the life of Ismael Diabate, an economic migrant stranded in the Moroccan capital of Rabat.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 5:19 pm
- VIDEO: Morocco's offshore oil dispute
US oil company Kosmos Energy is to begin drilling off the coast of Western Sahara - a disputed territory claimed by both the Moroccan government and separatists from the indigenous Saharawi people.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 5:17 pm
- Banks may be forced to boost reserves
British banks may have to hold more funds to guard against the risk of a future economic downturn, the Bank of England has proposed.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 5:10 pm
- US Stocks Back At Record Highs After Stimulus
Action by the Bank of Japan to halt the country's latest deflationary slide lifts world stock markets.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 8:42 pm
- BBA: New Oversight Will Hurt Smaller Banks
Regulators risk stifling the growth of challenger banks, according to a document obtained by Sky News.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 8:19 pm
- StanChart Board In Singapore For Crunch Talks
The board of Liverpool sponsor Standard Chartered will meet next week amid mounting shareholder pressure, Sky News understands.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 1:43 pm
- Energy Bills: UK Gas Prices Hit Record Low
Household suppliers defend their refusal to slash bills in a year when gas costs have tumbled by almost a quarter.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 11:54 am
- Starbucks Plans To Start Coffee Deliveries
Tired of making coffee runs? Starbucks will soon bring a frappuccino to the doorstep - part of plans to boost disappointing sales.
Posted on 31 October 2014 | 11:09 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.