Tel: 01573 225200
- Week in Review, December 20
Vice Media, Repsol-Talisman deal, Co-op Bank, and BT-EE talks featured
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 7:47 pm
- Volcker lambasts Wall Street lobbying
Withering attack as industry secures extension to comply on hedge funds
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 7:40 pm
- Madoff risks return for Santander
Swiss prosecutor weighs indictment of former Botín lieutenant
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 6:44 pm
- A year of change for your money
The general election looms large over prospects for wealth
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 5:48 pm
- No room for fare-dodgers
City has to get the little things right before we can trust it again over the big stuff
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 5:27 pm
- FTSE brushes past 6,500 as Fed relief rally continues
(Update) The FTSE 100 advanced a further 1.2%, up nearly 4% on the week, after making gains for the fourth day in a row.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 5:24 pm
- AAA-rated Horner on why Chelverton is backing asset managers
Citywire AAA-rated manager still believes in the long term stories of these managers, despite recent dips in share price.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 2:22 pm
- Russian credit crunched as crisis spills into bank lending market
Russia’s foreign exchange crisis appeared to be morphing into a liquidity crisis on Friday with inter-bank lending rates coming unpinned from official borrowing costs to rise to a +10% premium
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 1:45 pm
- Charles Stanley confirms Abberley as CEO
Paul Abberley has now officially taken over as chief executive of Charles Stanley after receiving his regulatory approval.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 1:39 pm
- The 12 biggest stories from a turbulent year in wealth management
From high court spats to tech writedowns, we highlight the events that shaped wealth management over the past twelve months.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 12:34 pm
- Hereford Utd wound up over tax debt
Hereford United is wound up by the High Court over money owed to HM Revenue and Customs.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 7:05 pm
- London shares buoyed by Wall Street
London's benchmark index closes 1.2% higher on Friday, building on Thursday's sharp rise.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 6:24 pm
- Belarus moves to protect currency
Belarus's central bank moves to protect its currency by imposing a new tax, as it feels the knock-on effects of the fall in the Russian rouble.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 6:03 pm
- Zimbabwe issues coins for Christmas
Special coins issued by Zimbabwe's central bank go into circulation in the run-up to Christmas, to help shoppers who usually get change in sweets.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 5:54 pm
- Power firms to get £1bn to stay open
Power generation firms are to receive close to £1bn to ensure their plants stay open and prevent the lights going out in the coming years.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 5:48 pm
- FBI: North Korea Behind Sony Cyber-Attack
President Barack Obama says there is no indication North Korea was acting in conjunction with another country.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 8:39 pm
- Pump Prices: Cheap Petrol Comes With A Warning
Plunging oil prices have brought festive cheer on the forecourts but the AA has "a warning from the ghost of Christmas past".
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 6:54 pm
- Can Putin Survive Sustained Economic Pain?
Will the oil price plunge ravaging Russia make Mr Putin's cornered bear a much more dangerous animal?
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 4:55 pm
- BlackBerry Stems Loss To Just Over $1m A Day
After a disastrous 2013 the Canadian company goes a long way towards halting losses - but juicy revenues are still out of reach.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 3:11 pm
- Luxembourg Bows To EU Over Big Firm Tax Deals
After threatening court action against Brussels over secret tax deals for multinationals, Luxembourg reveals data to the EU.
Posted on 19 December 2014 | 1:29 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.